Matthew RichardsonMedical Negligence & Personal Injury
Over 20 years of experience handling personal injury cases.
Matthew D. Richardson graduated from George Washington University Law School in 1983, with honors, after completing 5 years as an officer in the U.S. Army. Matt began his legal career as a law clerk for U.S. District Judge H. Kenneth Wangelin. He practiced for several years in St. Louis in the area of commercial litigation, before moving his practice to Poplar Bluff in 1989.
Matt is a seasoned trial attorney and a graduate of the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, with numerous successful jury and non-jury trials during his 20-year practice. Medical negligence and personal injury are his primary area of concentration. He is a member of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys and the American Trial Lawyers Association and served as Municipal Judge for Poplar Bluff, Missouri from 1991 through 2002.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Negligence
- Personal Injury
- Missouri, 1983
- Illinois, 1984
- U.S. Federal Court, 1983
- George Washington University National Law Center,
Washington, DC, 1983 J.D. (With Honors)
- United States Military Academy, West Point, New York, 1975 B.S.
- Boston University, Boston, MA, USA, 1980 MBA
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys – Member
- American Association for Justice – Member
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Army, Officer
- Hon. H. Kenneth Wangelin, U.S. District, Law Clerk
- Poplar Bluff, Missouri, Municipal Judge, 1991-2002