Jack KnowlanWorker's Compensation
Over 35 years of experience handling workers’ compensation cases.
Jack H. Knowlan, Jr. graduated Cum Laude from University of Missouri with a B.S. in Economics in 1974. He then attended SMU Law School from 1974 to 1977, and passed the Missouri Bar examination in 1977. Mr. Knowlan then worked 2 years as an associate with the Oliver Law Firm in Cape Girardeau, Missouri; 2 years as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in Cape Girardeau County, and 5 years as a partner with Lichtenegger & Knowlan, P.C. Mr. Knowlan was then appointed and served as an Administrative Law Judge with the Division of Workers’ Compensation from November 3, 1986 until August 1, 2008.
Mr. Knowlan was the Chief Administrative Law Judge in charge of the Cape Girardeau office from July 1, 1990, until he retired on August 1, 2008. On September 1, 2009, Mr. Knowlan joined the law firm of Little, Schellhammer, Richardson & Knowlan, in Poplar Bluff, Missouri. Effective January, 1, 2009, the firm opened an office in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Mr. Knowlan limits his practice to Workers’ Compensation cases, and represents employees with claims in Southeast Missouri.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- 100% Claimant’s Workers’ Compensation Cases
- Missouri, 1977
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas, 1977 J.D.
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, 1974 B.S.
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Major: Economics
- Various Topics on Workers’ Compensation, Division of Workers’ Compensation, 1990-2008
- Several Programs on Workers’ Compensation, St. Louis Metropolitan Bar Association, St. Louis Metropolitan Bar Association, Kid’s Chance and Missouri Bar Association, 1995-2006
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Missouri Bar Association, 2008-2009
- Chairman of Workers’ Compensation Committee
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Division of Workers’ Compensation, ALJ, 1986-2008
- Lichtenegger & Knowlan, Partner, 1980-1986